Saturday 30 July 2011

A Few July Favourites

July Favourites

Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick, Chante's Ecstasy & Bobbi Brown Flamenco

Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick - Adds a shimmery hint of bronzy colour to cheeks and the individual colours also double up as sheer shadow shades too. Swatches here.

Becca Flamenco Pressed bronzing Power - I was lucky enough to pick this up in a sale recently for £6.00! It's a beautifully soft powder which adds a lovely, non orange, sun kissed glow to skin. Review and swatches here.

Chantecaille Ecstasy Blush - Is the first product I've tried from the Chante range. The colour is really pretty and the formula is fanatastic, incredibly soft, pigmented and long lasting. Swatches here.


Max factor False Lash & Becca Baroque & Vicuna

Max Factor False Lash Effect - Adds a decent amount of volume and length to lashes and still looks fairly natural.

Becca Eye Tints - I'd been lemming a couple of these for quite a while and finally ordered a couple of shades this month (Baroque & Vicuna). Both are really pretty, natural shades and both work well as a base for other shadows. Swatches of both shades here.

EL Double Wear, Becca Gisella & Rosita

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - I haven't used Double Wear for a while because I've been happy with the Clarins Everlasting I've been wearing. I thought I'd give it another go this month though because the weather's been warmer and my skin's more oily than usual. I forgot how good this stuff is (it really doesn't budge and covers everything), but it does feel quite thick and heavy in comparison to Everlasting.

Becca's Gisella Sheer Tint Lipstick - You may have noticed that I haven't opened the tube in the photo and the reason for that is, there's barely anything left. I've worn and worn the soft, caramel shade since I bought it and now there's only a small nub of the lovely balmy lipstick left. I'll definitely be re-purchasing the shade when it does finally die on me. Swatched here.

Becca Rosita Lip Tint - I'm not a huge fan of gloss because I don't like the sticky, tacky feeling they leave on lips, but Becca's lip tints aren't too bad. Rosita is a pretty, shimmery Rosy pink shade. 

What are your July favourites?

13 comments:

  1. I don't know how I managed to live without that Max Factor mascara! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shimmer brick looks gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your favorites! The Becca gloss is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the palette, but here in Italy it's not easy to find Bobby Brown...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great POst :) I MUST get that foundation, im pretty sure im one of the only beauty bloggers on the planet who doesnt own it! everywhere I look i see great reviews, i get more and more convinced by the minute.
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always hear good things about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation but I never tried it. maybe one day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing so many positive things about Estee Lauder's foundation lol. I sound like Beautyshades. I want to try it, but considering I just bought NARS' I need to slow my roll. Awesome faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one of essense's dirt cheap sun club powders, that is basically a spot on dupe for the bobbi brown shimmer brick! Love it.
    Also, I wanted to try out that mascara, but now that you 've mentioned "natural", I won't, lol!! I like drama on lashes :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. You favorites are great! <3 I love BECCA too! :) I really want that mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I may have to cave and get a bobbi brown shimmer brick! They always look so stunning! I've been loving my NARS blush in Orgasm this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your favs! As you know I am not a lip gloss fan, either, but I really do like my one Becca lip gloss. And, I almost hate to say it, but Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss is, well, brilliant! More like a liquid lipstick.

    I love your list. I could wear every item on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisy - It's great stuff, isn't it? Will probably give the newer version (I forget the name) a go when this one runs out.

    Michelle - It is pretty and it adds a nice shimmery, bronze colour to cheeks!

    productdoctor - Rosita is a lovely shade! It's actually the only Becca gloss I own, will have to try out some of the other pretty shades on offer.

    olly - Someone else mentioned that Bobbi Brown products were difficult to find in Italy. It's a shame, there are quite a few lovely products in the range!

    Grace - It's really good stuff! Offers excellent coverage and holds up brilliantly (even on my oily skin). As I mentioned, it does feel a bit heavy though.

    Beautyshades - It is nice if you like full coverage foundations. You should grab yourself a sample next time you're near a counter!

    JC - Will look out for your review on the NARS foundation. I've heard lots of great things about their bases and have been thinking about trying them!

    Y - The Shimmer Brick is nice, but also expensive and there does seem to be a lot of similar products out there which cost a lot less. I think I'll probably look for a cheaper alternative when it runs out (can't imagine it will anytime soon though!) Have you tried Dior's Black out mascara? You'd probably like that one if you're a fan of dramatic lashes :)

    Laura - I know! You have some lovely Becca products in your collection! The mascara's pretty good stuff!

    Kelly - If you like shimmery blushes like Orgasm, I imagine you'd like BB Shimmer bricks too!

    Zuzu - I really like the sound Chantecaille's Brilliant Gloss! I already have a ridiculously long list of Chante products that I'm dying to try, will have to add these to it too!

    Thanks for your comments everyone!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, love your faves!I always hear good things about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation but I never tried it. I guess it's time to try it!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...