Saturday 23 July 2011

NOTD: Mavala 171 Blue Curacao

Blue Curacao is the first polish I've tried from Mavala. I've often looked at the brand display when I go into Boots, but never actually purchased any of the shades because I don't find the bottles particularly attractive/appealing. I've been after a shade like Blue Curacao for a while though, so I decided to give the brand a go and grabbed a bottle of the blue-y turquoise last week.

Blue Curacao indoor with flash (2 coats)

I wont go in to detail describing the colour because the photos are pretty accurate. The shade does contain some really delicate, fine shimmer which I unfortunately didn't manage to capture in my photos.

Mavala Blue Curacao outdoors (2 coats)

Application wasn't too bad, but I did find the tiny cap/lid slightly difficult to handle. The actual polish applied well though, dried fairly quickly and was completely opaque with two thin coats. I can't comment on lasting power because I only applied the shade yesterday, I haven't had any problems with chipping so far though. As for the colour, I actually quite like it. I'm normally not a huge fan of blue nail colours, but Blue Curacao is pretty and it's a nice change to the corals and oranges which I've been wearing a lot lately.

Mavala 171 Blue Curacao

So, now I've tried a Mavala polish, will I be purchasing more of the shades on offer? Hmm, I'm not sure. There are some lovely colours to choose from and as I mentioned, Blue Curacao did apply well, but I feel they're just slightly too expensive at £4.00 for a 5ml bottle. I think in future I'll probably opt for Model's Own nail colours which are £5.00 for a 14ml bottle, or add a little bit extra and stick with OPI or Essie. I must admit though, I am quite tempted by the other shades from their Art color's collection, particularly Waikiki Orange.

Have you tried any Mavala nail colours? What do you think of them?

9 comments:

  1. the color is gorgeous but yeah for a 5ml bottle it is kinda expensive! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Mavala products! I did a post recently on one of the no-nail-biting thingies.
    Unfortunately, I'm not brave enough for blue nail polish! :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful bright color! Your nails & cuticles are so healthy! You make me want to hide my hands :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this colour! Just saw this on the Debenhams website. Might be of interest. Think I'll get one too!

    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_157086916499_-1?breadcrumb=Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fragancia, they are a little bit expensive. As I said, the actual polish is quite nice, but I'm not really a fan of the packaging/bottle and the small size makes application a bit tricky. The colour is pretty though!

    Y, I like the actual product too, I'm just not particularly keen on the little bottle! I'm not normally brave enough for blue polish either, it's only recently that I've started to experiment/be slightly more adventurous with nail colours!

    Laura, I've only just managed to sort my hands/cuticles out. They've been horribly dry and sore recently so I've been using really heavy duty products to try and hydrate them. Burt's Bees Hand Salve has really helped with the dryness and I've been using Elemis Fragipani oil on cuticles which is helping a lot!

    Leanne, thanks for the link! Looks like a really good deal. I'm going to check what else is reduced in the beauty department! :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this color! so fun and summery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mavala's Curacao is one of the most beautiful cerulean polishes I've seen! you know, I'm a real fan of these shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous shade! I keep collecting blue polishes and can't bring myself to wear them on fingertips for some reason. I'd definitely attempt with a shade like this, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can find Mavala polishes a lot cheaper over at Beauty Bay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...