Thursday 14 April 2011

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation

I've never really had much luck with mineral make up/foundations. I've tried quite a few from various different brands and they either look unnatural or shimmery, don't seem to offer enough coverage or they irritate my skin. I'd pretty much given up on mineral foundation but decided to give it one more go last year after I heard about a company called Lily Lolo, a UK based mineral cosmetic brand. Their foundations are free from harsh chemicals, nano particles, parabens, bismuth oxychloride, talc, synthetic dyes, fillers, fragrance and preservatives and come in a fairly large range of shades.

Lily Lolo Foundation

Lily Lolo: Blondie

After trying a couple of sample jars of the foundation, I decided that the shade Blondie was a good match for my skin so I ordered a full size tub. The product comes in a pretty sifter jar which actually works quite well and makes dispensing the right amount of minerals without making a mess fairly easy. The powder is easy to apply and seems to blend well over skin but doesn't seem to offer much in the way of coverage for me. My skin does look more even and less red after using but any blemishes and acne scars are still pretty visible. I've tried concealing before applying foundation but the product doesn't seem to work well over the top of any of my concealers and tends to look quite cakey which is a bit of a shame. I've also found the lasting power to be quite poor on my oily skin and find the product disappears quite quickly and wears unevenly on me.

Lily Lolo: Blondie

On a more positive note, I haven't experienced any skin problems when I've used Lily Lolo like I have with other mineral foundations and the shade range seems to be quite nice. The sample jars the brand offer are a great idea too and are quite a generous size. 


Lily Lolo Foundation in Porcelain and Blondie

I'm a little bit disappointed that the product didn't work for me but I think the reason may be more to do with my skin type and the fact that I always have a lot to cover than with the actual product. I think it would probably work well on skin that's got less flaws to hide than mine and would maybe last better on skin that's less oily. I still love Lily Lolo despite the foundation not working for me, their range of eye shadows are great and really reasonably priced too and other things I've tried from the line have been really nice.

Lily Lolo ingredients

Has anyone tried Lily Lolo? what are your thoughts on it?

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Lily Lolo before :)
    The little pot it comes in looks cute! It's a shame the product didn't work for you though :(

    Shannon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that it looked cakey on you! :(

    Hopefully you'll eventually find the perfect foundation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered them recently too! I love their warm peach foundation and their flawless silk finishing powder... but their matte finishing powder didn't work for me!

    Have you tried any of their eyeshadows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shimmerspark, I haven't tried any of their finishing powders yet, will look in to the silk powder you mentioned.

    I have tried their eye shadows (the samples they used to sell) and really liked them actually. There seems to be a lovely range of shades available too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...