Friday 29 April 2011

Becca Enigma Palette Swatches

I'd been lusting after Becca's Enigma palette ever since I saw the beautiful promo picture for the Fallen Angel collection a little while ago. I've also come across quite a few blog posts recently and the great reviews and gorgeous swatches have only made me want it more. I finally decided to order myself one at the beginning of the week after having a slight panic attack when I discovered quite a few Becca stockists don't have any left. After frantically searching around online, I was relieved to find that Bath & Unwind still had them in stock, so I quickly parted with my £35.00 and ordered one.



I'd not ordered from Bath & Unwind before but postage was pretty quick and a couple of days later this little thing of beauty turned up in the post:

BECCA Enigma Palette

BECCA Enigma Palette

Becca's description of Enigma; Create a bold, intense, smoky eye with the Limited Edition Enigma Palette. These velvety smooth and highly pigmented powders glide on effortlessly and contain microfine shimmer for the sublets of sheen.





The palette contains two taupey/grey shades (Amure and Surah) and a dark charcoal shade (Silesia). Amure is described as a soft fawn colour and is matt, Surah is described as a mauve/mushroom and is the only shimmery shade of the three, and Silesia is described as a dark smoke.

L-R Amure, Silesia and Surah

 I've only had chance to play with it a couple of times since I got it but I'm really impressed with how beautifully silky and pigmented all of the shades are. They apply amazingly well and blend with absolute ease. Lasting power seems to be fantastic too, no creasing or fading. Amure and Surah both look great on their own and I can create an everyday, fairly natural look quickly and easily with them. Silesia looks lovely when it's used as a liner and I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine it would look pretty and create quite an intense smoky eye when used on the the lid. 


As you've probably guessed, I'm over the moon with the Enigma palette. I put off getting it for a while but I'm really glad I finally ordered one because it's something I can see myself reaching for often. I can't wait to play with it some more over the next few days!

Does anyone else have the Enigma palette? What are your thoughts on it?

9 comments:

  1. Great swatches, you really captured the shimmer in Surah. I love this palette--I don't even mind that there is no highlight color. I fear I will use up Armure long before the other two, though. It's such a gorgeous neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zuzu's Petals, I don't mind that it doesn't have a highlighter either. It's actually nice to not have one for a change. I never seem to use the one's that come in palettes anyway for some reason. Amure is a really lovely shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own it, but I wish I could try Becca products!

    Loving the sparkly colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are GORGEOUS colours. Becca needs to come to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are sooo gorgeous, my kind of colours exactly. My local store that sells Becca had unfortunately sold out of them/. And the promo pics are so heavenly, I love the soft eye makeup.

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors, beautiful for brown eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I am desperately looking for this palette. Do you know where I could get it? I was looking everywhere online but without a success... Can you help?

    Best wishes,
    Agata

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Agata, I've had a little search around online and I can't seem to find any sites which still stock it. I think ebay would probably be the best place to look, or maybe keep an eye out for one on blog sales?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...