Tuesday 19 April 2011

Liz Earle Instant Boost Tonic & Skin Repair Moisturiser

I recently wrote a post about Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish which I was sent a sample of to try (Post here). I was really pleased with the way it effortlessly removed my make up without drying my face and also with the positive improvement it had on my acne prone skin, which I'm really battling with at the moment. Last week the lovely Liz Earle PR team kindly sent me the next two steps from the Daily Essentials range, so I ditched my normal skin care products and have been using these in place of them.  

Liz Earle Instant Boost skin tonic is the second step from the daily essentials range and it's described as a heavenly scented, non drying floral tonic which revitalizes, soothes and brightens. It contains a mix of vitamin E, organic Aloe vera and rose scented geranium and is alcohol free.


How to use
  
Moisten a cotton wool pad and sweep over face and neck every morning and night after cleansing with Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser or using one of our special treatment masks. Whether your skin is dehydrated, oily, dull or congested, the nourishing and brightening botanicals will help to leave your skin feeling soft and looking fresh for longer. It also primes your skin perfectly for your choice of Liz Earle Moisturiser.



 Results

A toner is actually something that's been missing from my skin care routine for years. Whenever I see or hear it mentioned, it immediately brings back memories of the horrible burning sensation I've had from using products which are full of alcohol in the past. Instant Boost Skin Tonic is nothing like those products. Instead of burning or stinging, the floral scented liquid cools and soothes and feels lovely and refreshing. As I mentioned at the beginning, my skin is a real nightmare at the moment and some of the blemishes I have are quite sore so the soothing sensation I get from the tonic is really helping to relieve that. I also feel that it's helping to take some of the redness out of them too and is generally helping to calm my skin. 

Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser is the third step from the daily essentials range. There are three different varieties available which are aimed at different skin types, I was sent the light version which is suitable for combination and oily skins. It's described as light, gentle and easily absorbed and contains a finely balanced blend of naturally active ingredients including, borage oil (a rich source of the essential fatty acid GLA), echinacea, hops, avocado oil, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) and natural antioxidants beta-carotene and vitamin E to replace lost moisture and help protect your skin.

How to use 

Massage into face and neck, morning and night, after Instant Boost Skin Tonic

Results

Having oily skin has made finding a suitable moisturiser quite challenging for me. I've found it really difficult to find something that adds enough moisture without making my oily skin even more oily. Most products I've tried have either added far too much moisture or not enough which leaves my face feeling dry and uncomfortable. I've used an oil free moisturiser from Peter Thomas Roth for years and have been pretty happy with the results but I sometimes feel as though my skin could do with something a tiny bit more hydrating. 

Liz Earle Skin repair moisturiser

Liz Earle's Skin repair seems to give me that extra bit of hydration I need without making my skin feel greasy or making it look shiny. When I initially tried it, I was slightly worried that it might be too rich for my skin because the product is fairly thick in consistency and feels quite creamy when it's applied. Within a minute or so though, the product seems to disappear completely without leaving any sort of residue and my skin is left feeling hydrated and soft. I'd say it controls oil well throughout the day too and creates an excellent base for make up. Overall I'm really enjoying using this product at the moment. I really like the way it makes my skin feel and I'm completely in love with the scent which is amazing.

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic & Skin Repair

I mentioned at the start that I've only been using these products for the past week and I obviously realise that I haven't been using either long enough to see any major results yet. I'm going to continue using both for the next few weeks in place of my usual products and update with results. So far I'm really impressed with the products I've been sent from Liz Earle though. I've really fallen in love with the Cleanse & Polish and I'm thoroughly enjoying using the tonic and skin repair from the range too.

Both products are available from the Liz Earle site. Instant Boost Skin Tonic costs £11.75 for a 200ml bottle and Skin Repair costs £17.60 for a 50ml pump or tube


Has anyone else tried either of these? What are your thoughts on them?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing i need mousturizer, my skin si always so dry!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good products, my fave toner is the Human Heart Nature one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of that brand, will have a look in to it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...