Friday 6 April 2012

Clarins Ever Matte Foundation Swatches

Ever Matte is the newest addition to the Clarins foundation range. It’s described as a light weight, skin perfecting fluid foundation, and contains plant extracts and minerals to fight unwanted shine. It’s aimed at oily and combination skin types, and according to Clarins, the finish is natural and long lasting.



 I’ve tried quite a few of the bases from the Clarins foundation range now, and have really liked most of them. Their Truly Matte base felt nice and did a pretty good job at keeping the oilies at bay, and the brand’s Everlasting foundation is one of the most natural looking and long lasting foundations I’ve tried. I’ve read quite a few reviews on the newest foundation in the Clarins line-up over the past few weeks, and was eager to try it, so I grabbed a few samples from my local counter last week.


I normally use the shade, Nude 105 in Everlasting, so I assumed I’d be the same in the brand’s Ever Matte foundation, too. It seems the shades run slightly darker, though, and 104 Cream is a better match for my NC15/20 ish skin tone in the Ever Matte. The consistency is quite similar to Everlasting – quite thick and creamy, and it also has the same watermelon scent, which I personally quite like. It applies and blends really well, feels nice and light weight, and dries to a natural, matte finish. I was a little bit surprised at just how natural the finish is, actually. I was expecting it to be a little bit heavy and ‘flat’ looking, but it manages to create a matte finish, which somehow looks radiant and glowy, too. 


Clarins describe Ever Matte as being a medium coverage base, and I’d definitely agree. It covers redness and blemishes nicely and builds well without looking cake-y or heavy. I still need a blob of concealer on more difficult to cover areas, but overall, it evens everything out well.

Ever Matte is available in eleven different shades, which cater well for light and medium skin tones. Those with very light or very dark skins might have problems finding a colour match, though.

Clarins Ever Matte Swatches: 103 Ivory, 104 Cream, 105 Nude, 107 Beige & 108 Sand

Clarins Ever Matte Swatches: 109 Wheat, 110 Honey, 111 Toffee, 112 Amber & 113 Chestnut

So, I guess the most important question is, how well does it do at keeping the oilies at bay? And the answer is, really well actually! I’ve been using Ever Matte for the past few days, and finishing it with my regular NARS loose powder, and I’m really impressed with the wear time. I’d say I get a good five hours wear before my oily areas (t-zone) need blotting, which isn’t bad at all. Ever Matte also wears evenly, doesn’t cake, and I’ve had zero problems with oxidation/colour change.

Overall, I really like Ever Matte, and will certainly consider purchasing a full size tube when my current bottle of Everlasting runs out. Coverage and feel are both nice, as is the finish, and lasting powder is good, too. 

Have you tried Ever Matte? What do you think of it?

17 comments:

  1. From the swatches can see the texture looks soft and nice:) Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beautyshades :) The texture is nice - quite thick and creamy.

      Delete
  2. It looks really beautiful! I've seen lots of rave reviews about this one. But I really can't justify picking up any more foundations, haha. I don't know why I love trying new foundations so much. I do feel that a person needs at least a few different ones, for different finishes/seasonal weather etc., but really that can't be more than say, three or four, right? Haha. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't justify picking up anymore at the moment either, Larie. I already have four on the go, so I think I'll wait until I've finished at least one of them before picking this up. I love trying new foundations too, though. And you're right about needing a few different one's for finish/seasonal weather. It's always nice to have options :D

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks beautiful --- and your comprehensive swatches are so helpful! I like the range of shades offered; there seem to be a variety of undertones available :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dovey :) There is quite a nice selection of shades available for lighter and medium skin tones. It would be nice if there were a larger selection of shades available for darker skins too, though.

      Delete
  4. Hi,I've been searching through your blog and comparing this with the Everlasting foundation. But still don't know which shade I should choose for my skin tone. Please help if you can :) I have a lot of yellow in my skin (NC20) and my skin is very oily.Which foundation out of these 2 would you recommend?And what shade?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,and just to add,in Revlon Colorstay I'm Sand 180.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasha. I have very oily skin too, and while both hold up well, I think I prefer Everlasting out of the two. It offers slightly more coverage and 105 Nude is a slightly better colour match than 104 cream in the Ever Matte.

      I haven't been properly matched at a MAC counter, but I'd say I'm around NC15 and wear Buff in Revlon Colorstay. 105 Nude (Everlasting) matches me really well, so it might be worth you trying the next shade up in the range? (107 Beige). The Ever Matte shades run slightly darker, so 105 Nude might be ok for you.

      I'd definitely recommend grabbing some samples of the two to compare if you can. As I said, they're both really nice foundations, but both have a slightly different finish and coverage level.

      Hope that helps a bit :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for replying! Unfortunately,I can't get a sample,as in my country I could only test it in stores in Belgrade,and I live in a smaller town where Clarins is not available to purchase. But my dad is currently abroad and I wanted him to get me one of these foundations. I have one more question for you: Why does it seem to me that 104 is darker than 105 in Everlasting?Is it because of the light,or is it really like that?Because I have read somewhere that it actually is darker...Same goes for Ever Matte (from what I'm seeing in the swatches).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Tasha. 104 is slighly darker than 105 in the Everlasting and looked slightly orange on me when I tested it. I'm not sure about the Ever Matte, it could just be the light. I mentioned above that the shades run slightly darker in this one, and that I thought 104 was a better colour match than 105. After testing out the foundation some more over the past couple of weeks, I think I'd actually go for the lightest shade available (103 Ivory), if I purchase a full sized bottle of Ever Matte. The other two shades weren't a terrible match, but they looked slightly 'off'.

      It's a shame that samples aren't available to you. I know it's tricky trying to find a colour match when you can't test the shades! I do actually have a sample sachet of Clarins Everlasting in 105 which I'd be happy to send to you. But I'm not sure how helpful that would be as it would probably take a while to reach you. I suppose it would give you an idea of which shade might be a good match, though.

      Delete
  7. Oh well,I guess I'll just go for either 105 in Ever Matte,or 107 in Everlasting and then mix it with some other foundation if it's not a perfect match. :) I just hope they're both yellow,not pink?
    Thank you for offering me the sample,but yeah,it will take a while... My dad is coming home tomorrow,so I'll tell him to buy me whichever one he finds :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs :) I hope whichever you manage to get hold of matches ok.

      Delete
  8. I'm the shade Mont Blanc in the Nars sheer glow foundation, I'm thinking 103 ivory would be a good match? Please let me know x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, sorry for taking a while to reply, I only just spotted your comment. I think 103 would be the best shade to go for. I'd definitely recommend grabbing a sample if you can, though x

      Delete
  9. I think 103 would be a good match for me, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Between Skin Illusion, Ever Matte and Ever Lasting, which one do you prefer and which holds up the longest? I've had samples of all three, and while I like them all, I'm not sure which I prefer. Ever Matte holds up pretty well on a normal day, but I'm not sure how well it'll hold up in the summer.

    Funny enough, I've been matched to 110 Honey, which is a perfect match for my MAC NC37 skin, but many people say 110 is more suited for NC25-30 skin... I wonder why this is... Unless the colors changed as they introduced more?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...