Thursday 31 March 2011

Quick Review: Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask

I recently purchased a couple of cleansers from the Sanctuary range at Boots and was really quite pleased with them so I also decided to try one of the masks from the range. I have oily skin that's prone to break outs and blocked pores and I've found in the past that clay based masks have been pretty effective at deep cleaning my skin. Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask contains charcoal and kaolin clay and is aimed at oily, congested skin that's prone to blemishes. It's a self heating mask that's designed to gently warm skin and open up pores so the charcoal and kaolin can draw out impurities. It also contains essential oil of myrrh to sooth and calm and according to Santurary, it rebalances the skins oil levels and leaves skin silky soft.

Sanctuary Mask


Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask


I've used the mask a few times over the last couple of weeks and I've really enjoyed using it. There's something incredibly satisfying about slathering a thick layer of clay based mask over your face and the warming feeling makes it even more enjoyable. The mask really does get quite warm when it's applied and massaged in to slightly damp skin but not uncomfortably so and it quickly cools. The instructions suggest you leave it on for five minutes which I did the first couple of times but I decided to leave it on slightly longer last time I used. During this time the mask stays quite gloopy and doesn't harden or dry which seems to make rinsing off easier.


So what are the results like? Quite good actually, I've noticed an improvement in the amount of oil my skin produces since I started using and my face feels lovely and clean after rinsing. Moisturiser and serums seem to penetrate and soak in much faster after using too. The mask doesn't magically get rid of blocked pores but it does make them a lot easier to cleanly extract and i have to say, my face does feel soothed after I've used it.

Overall it's a pretty good clay mask and at £10.20 for a fairly large 100ml tube it's quite reasonably priced too!

What are your favourite deep cleansing masks?

4 comments:

  1. I love using face masks, my skin feels so soft after! I usually buy the fresh ones from Lush, but with a shelf life of only two weeks they can be a bit inconvenient. I might give something like this a try instead next time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love masks!

    The newest mask I've tried is from LaROCCA, I'll have a review up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess, I've never tried any face masks from Lush but am always tempted because some of them look lovely! I didn't realise they had such a short shelf life though, can't imagine using a whole tub of mask in a couple of weeks x

    Vintage, Look foward to reading your review on the LaROCCA mask! Haven't heard of the brand before x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this mask, always have great results with it!! Please check out my review at http://hiddentreasure21.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...