Monday 12 September 2011

Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion

My eyes are one area of my face that I don't normally pay much attention to. They're not particularly sensitive, or easily irritated and I don't really have any major problems with dark circles. They do occasionally look a little bit puffy though and feel a little bit heavy and tired, which is where Eyebright comes in handy. I was sent a bottle of Liz Earle's Soothing Eye Lotion around a month ago and it's become a firm favourite and a part of my routine that I really look forward to each evening.

Here's what Liz Earle have to say about Eyebright: 

Wake up and revitalise eyes with cotton wool pads soaked in this gentle, soothing herbal lotion before using Cleanse & Polish. Naturally active ingredients include the grassland herb – eyebright, witch hazel, organic aloe vera and cornflower to help tone, cool and refresh tired, puffy or sore eyes.



Liz Earle Eyebright

The lotion can actually be used in two ways. You can either sweep it over lids and lashes to quickly cool and sooth, or you can soak two cotton pads, place them over your eyes and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. I've been using the lotion as a compress soak after I've removed my make up and the delicately scented lotion does a fantastic job at cooling and soothing. The scent is much more subtle than most of the other products I've tried from the Liz Earle range (I mainly smell witch hazel) and it feels light, non greasy and refreshing. It really does help to reduce any puffiness and my eyes look much brighter and fresher after using it.

Eyebright also does a brilliant job at removing any last traces of stubborn eye make up and I've even been using it to tidy up any mascara or eye liner mistakes. A cotton bud dipped in the solution works really well at cleaning up any small smudges or smears and doesn't leave any sort of greasy residue behind after. It really does do an excellent job at removing eye make up without being harsh or irritating.


Overall, it's a great little product that I really enjoy using. It's a nice pick me up for tired eyes and I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you suffer with irritation or puffiness, or if you're looking for a really gentle cleanser to remove light eye make up. It's available from the Liz Earle site where it costs £10.00 for a 150ml bottle, or you can purchase a smaller 50ml trial bottle for £5.00.

Eyebright Ingredients

Have you tried Eyebright? 
Do you have any tips or tricks for reducing puffiness or dark circles?

5 comments:

  1. Fab review! I love Liz Earle Cleanse&Polish, therefore I must check out this product and a few others next time I' around there :D! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually tried this but I am a big Liz Earle fan so I must add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this, but I always feel like my eye area will be the first to age, so next eye cream I'm buying has to be something super anti aging etc. (ie something super expensive that doesn't really do anything, but i can hope :P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll have to try one of the trial bottles of this, sounds so good! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ArtDonatella - Me too! There are quite a few different products from the Liz Earle range that I seem to get on really well with and this is one of them. It's definitely worth checking out if you're after a really refreshing eye lotion!

    Y - I know what you mean, think I might have to start using one of those super expensive creams that doesn't really do anything, soon too :D

    Evelyn - You should give it a go! The little trial bottles are a really good idea, would be great if more brands offered them.

    Thanks for your comments everyone x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...