Sunday 8 April 2012

Soap & Glory Sunday: The Daily Smooth Body Butter


Last Christmas I acquired quite large selection of Soap & Glory products, and have been gradually working my way through the various lotions, potions, butters and glosses since. I think I’ve managed to test most of what I received now and thought I’d start a little series of posts on the goodies I’ve tried. I’m kicking it off today with one of the body moisturisers I received, The Daily Smooth Body Butter. 

Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter

The Daily Smooth is described as an amazingly-effective dry skin formula body butter lotion. It contains rosehip seed oil and cocoa butter, and is scented with one of the brands body spray fragrances, Mist You Madly, which contains notes of bergamont, blackcurrent, magnolia, freesia, vanilla and musk.



I haven’t tried Mist You Madly, but I certainly want to after giving the body butter a sniff. The scent is fruity, floral, and feminine, and sticks around for a while after application, too. Consistency wise, The Daily Smooth is quite thick and creamy, but softer and has a bit more ‘slip’ to it than most body butters I’ve tried. The texture is similar to a thick lotion, and it spreads well and sinks in quickly.

I absolutely loath anything that leaves a greasy film or residue on my skin, and I’m pleased to report that S&G Body Butter doesn’t. Once I’ve applied and rubbed it in, what I’m left with is silky smooth skin that’s delicately scented with the lovely, fruity fragrance. I’m almost sure I see a slight sheen on the areas it’s been applied to as well, but there’s no mention of light reflecting particles on the tube or the site, so I might just be seeing things. 

Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth

Overall, The Daily Smooth is a great, reasonably priced body lotion. Perhaps not the best choice for those with really dry skin as it’s not the most hydrating moisturiser I’ve tried, but fab for normal skin that’s in need of a bit of hydration. The scent is lovely, as is the texture and silky smooth feeling that’s left behind after application.

Available from Boots (£8.50 for a 250ml tube). You can currently pick up a free 500ml S&G shower gel when you spend £10.00 or more on selected Soap & Glory products, too.

Have you tried The Daily Smooth? Any favourites from the Soap & Glory range?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like my kind of body butter! I too despise that greasy feeling. Plus I just love S&G packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not a huge fan of the packaging, Vintage. It's pretty, but some of bottles and tubes are a little bit busy for my liking. The Daily Smooth is a nice product though, and it smells lovely!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...