Monday 9 April 2012

Becca Pewter Eye Tint Swatches & Review

Last year I picked up two Becca Eye Tints in a Lookfantastic sale, and both colours quickly became firm favourites. I reach for Baroque on a fairly regular basis to add a simple wash of natural colour, and Vicuna is used almost everyday to even out my lids and create a base for other shadows. The range of shades available in Eye Tints is fairly small, but there were a few other shades I’d had my eye on for a while, which I recently picked up.

Becca Eye Tints: Pewter, Romanticism, Baroque & Vicuna

For those of you who haven’t tried Eye Tints before, they’re basically cream shadows, which glide on like a crème and set to a powder. They’re described as being long-lasting, water and crease resistant, and easy to apply, and they’re packaged in the same 7ml squeeze tubes as the brand’s Beach Tints.


Pewter is described as a rich, grey black on the Becca site, which is a pretty accurate colour description. It’s definitely the richest, most pigmented Eye Tint colour I own and unlike the others I have, is completely shimmer free. The colour is absolutely perfect for creating a smoky eye, and it also works incredibly well as a base for other shadows, and as a replacement for pencil on the lower lash line. I don’t often apply pencil to my lower lash line, as I find it sometimes looks a little bit harsh on me, but a little bit of Pewter smudged along my lashes creates a lovely, soft look.

Becca Eye Tint: Pewter



Like the other Eye Tints I own, Pewter is unbelievably quick and easy to apply and blends with very little effort. The texture is most similar to Baroque and is slightly thicker than Vicuna and Romanticism, which sometimes separate slightly in the tube and need a good shake before they’re used. A tiny amount (about the size of a grain of rice) is enough to create a wash of budge-free colour on both eyes.

Pewter Applied With Amure & Silesia (Enigma Palette)


Lasting power is one of the things I love most about Becca’s Eye Tints. Once they’ve been applied and have had time to set, they really do stay put all day. I get no problems with fading and have had absolutely no problems with creasing on my oily lids, which is fantastic.

Becca Eye Tint: Pewter

Becca Pewter

All in all, Pewter is an excellent shade for creating a quick and easy smoky eye, and I’m really glad I’ve added it to my Eye Tint collection. The formula and texture are both excellent, as is lasting power and finish. If you’re a fan of Becca’s Eye Tints or a fan of the smoky eye look and want something that’s quick and easy to apply, Pewter is definitely worth checking out.


Becca Eye Tint: Pewter
Available from Lookfantastic & Beauty Expert (£20.00 for a 7ml tube)

Have you tried Eye Tints? Do you have any favourite products for creating a smoky eye?

9 comments:

  1. i just bought this - have only tried it once and made a bit of a mess, so i'm a bit scared of it now! i also have baroque and vicuna which i love but need to practice with this a bit more as its so dark - less room for error!
    amina x
    aminasbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to mess it up when I first applied it, too, Amina. It does blend really well, but it also dries quite quickly, so you have to be quick when blending. As you said, there's less room for error with Pewter as it's a lot darker and more pigmented than Baroque and Vicuna. It's a great shade once you get the hang of applying it, though!

      Delete
    2. yes i will keep trying as i love how it looks when applied properly!

      Delete
  2. Becca is one of those brands that I feel I really want to try, but I'm a bit wary of purchasing them sight unseen with no easy return option. Ah, well. I'm sure I'd make a mess of the Eye Tint, anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Larie. I don't have access to Becca products here either and have to order everything online. I've been really lucky with everything I've tried so far, though and haven't been disappointed with anything.

      It's pretty hard to make a mess with the lighter Eye Tints - they're unbelievably easy to apply! Pewter does take a bit of getting used to, because it's quite a bit darker, but once you do get the hang of it, application is absolutely fine.

      Delete
  3. Been wanting to try this product for a while but somehow the brand does not intrigued me strong enough. Maybe i should get some Becca product and see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, you should! Becca is a really fantastic brand :)

      Delete
  4. Hi there, on the eyelids are Romanticism and Baroque similar colours? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, they're actually quite different colours. Romanticism is a bronze shade with a tiny hint of mauve, and Baroque is a soft, golden brown. They're both pretty, natural colours!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...