Saturday 24 March 2012

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation

I’ve lost count of the amount of reviews I’ve read on Lasting Silk over the past year or so, most of which have raved about how good it is. So, naturally I’ve been desperate to give it a go. The thing is, Armani make-up isn’t available here in Bristol, and I was apprehensive about spending thirty-something pounds on a foundation that I was unable to test beforehand. After a lot of debating and spending far too much time looking at swatches, I finally decided to take the plunge and ordered a bottle online. 






Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation. Shade: 4

Out of the shades on offer, 4 looked to be the best match for my NC15/20-ish skin tone, and luckily, it is pretty much spot on colour wise.

 Lasting Silk Foundation: 4. Swatched on the left & blended on the right

 Lasting Silk is a water based foundation and texture wise, it’s quite runny. The first time I swatched it on my hand, I was unconvinced about the medium coverage claims, but it does deliver the promised coverage level and is easily buildable, too. It applies beautifully, blends in seamlessly, and dries to a matte finish. Not a flat, unnatural looking matte finish, but a matte finish which still looks natural. It conceals blemishes and redness well, and doesn’t emphasize pores or dry patches. Lasting Silk also feels incredibly light weight, has a satiny type feel to it, and also has a spf 20.

Sounds pretty good so far, doesn’t it? Good, natural looking coverage, great colour match, which doesn’t oxidize, and incredible texture wise, too. Unfortunately though, Lasting Silk did let me down in one area. It’s not a major grumble, but it did let me down slightly on the lasting power front. Armani promise 14 hours wear, which I know is a bit of an exaggeration, but I’d say I get more like 4-5 before I need to blot. Now, I’ve yet to find a foundation which holds up all day on my oily skin without me needing to blot, but I guess I was expecting slightly longer wear from a foundation which claims to be inspired by extreme backstage conditions. As I said though, it’s not a major gripe and the coverage, finish and feel more than make up for the average staying power for me.


All in all, Lasting Silk is an excellent foundation, and consistency and finish wise, it’s absolutely perfect. It’s not the best foundation I’ve tried for keeping the oilies at bay, but it’s a winner in all other departments. 

Available from Giorgio Armani, where it costs £34.00 for a 30ml bottle

Have you tried Lasting Silk? Do you have a favourite long wear foundation?

3 comments:

  1. Ever since the Luminous Silk oxidized on me, I've been steering clear of Armani. I know I picked the wrong one since I'm oily, but still. These things take a while to get over. Maybe some day I'll try Armani again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame Luminous Silk oxidized on you, Liz. I've not had any similar problems with Lasting Silk so far, just a few issues with lasting power. But as I said, it's not really a major gripe. Overall, I'm really quite impressed with it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...