Friday 24 June 2011

Benefit Posietint Swatches & Review

Posie tint is one of the three mini Benefit products which can be picked up for free with this months copy of Glamour magazine. Mini 4ml bottles of Benetint and Highbeam are also available with the issue which costs £2.00. I had actually planned to pick up all three of the products, but could only find Posie tint in my local shop and didn't feel like hunting around for the other two since I've already tried both, and didn't really love either.


What Benefit say about Posietint

A see-through poppy-pink tint which can be used on cheeks and lips. The liqui-gel formula blends to just-picked perfection on all complexions and lasts for hours.


My thoughts

I was a little bit disappointed with Posietint when I first swatched it on my hand because the pretty pink liquid seemed to disappear completely after I'd rubbed it in. Thinking it would also be too subtle on my cheeks and lips, I stashed it away in the make up drawer and only actually pulled it out again a couple of days ago. After experimenting with the liquid over the last few days, I can say that I'm actually really pleased with the product and the results I get from it.

Benefit Posietint

Posietint

Benefit's liqui-gel description is a pretty accurate one. I'd say the formula is slightly thicker than Benetint and I personally find it easier to work with. A couple of small swipes of the brush on each cheek is all that's needed to apply enough product. The formula blends with ease on bare skin and over foundation, but you do need to be quite speedy with blending because it dries quickly. The bright gel leaves cheeks with a translucent hint of petal pink colour which actually looks really natural and delicate. If you want a little bit more colour, the tint can also be reapplied to create a slightly deeper pinky hue.



As with all other stains and tints I've tried, Posietint is quite drying on lips. The colour does look pretty though and a little bit of gloss or balm applied on top makes wearing it a lot more comfortable. I've found the formula to be fairly long lasting on lips and when it does start to wear, it fades evenly. On cheeks it doesn't budge. My oily skin normally doesn't do well with cream or gel blushes but Posietint lasts all day which is pretty impressive.

L - Just applied, R - Dried

So, will I be repurchasing a full size? Hmm, I'm not sure. The colour is pretty and the formula is nice to work with but at £24.50 for 12.5mls of product, it's expensive stuff. I think given the choice, I would probably opt for a Becca Beach Tint instead. They're slightly cheaper (although you do get less product) , the packaging is more hygienic and I think I prefer the slightly thicker formula.

Have you tried Posietint? What are your thoughts on it?


9 comments:

  1. I love Posie Tint, it's a gorgeous colour! Benefit have also just launched a coral-ey coloured tint called 'Cha Cha Tint' and I cant wait to try it out! :)

    P.S. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to enter (http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/2011/06/mini-giveaway.html)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried the BeneTint and I quite like it to be honest. I also got it from Glamour magazine. Then again, I haven't tried any other tints so I have nothing to compare it to.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this! It looks lovely :) It is too expensive though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Benefit tints, but I agree they are really drying. Becca are less so. Do you have Becca Watermelon? You NEED that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over in the states, sephora also sells the trio of minis for $15. I would be okay with paying that to try them out, but I'm not sure about buying full size. Plus, I'm not sure I'd go through all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah, It is a very pretty colour and I'm looking forward to trying the Cha Cha Tint too! It looks lovely.

    Y, Benetint is nice. It worked really well on my lips but the colour didn't seem to work on my cheeks which was a bit of a shame. The Glamour deal is an excellent way of trying them out before buying a full bottle though!

    Vintage, It is expensive. I imagine the full size bottle would last forever though because such a small amount is needed with each use.

    Zuzu, I do have Watermelon and I love it! It's such a beautiful colour.

    Staci, the trio sounds great! As I mentioned above, you only need to use a tiny amount with each use so they'd probably last a while.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I absolutely loved your review! I agree with what you say about the price of the full size product, it is too damn expensive! Funny enough, I find this to be the least drying lip stain I own at the moment, but then again I only tried about six or seven of them so far :D! I do love the colour though, and as you say, the pink-ness does changes when blended out, which is a bit disappointing I must say :(.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree that Becca Beach Tints out performs this. They seem to be more concentrated. I also would only wear Posie Tint in the day, not enough punch for night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, but it's Too expensive...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...