Sunday 3 March 2013

Chanel Poudre Signée de Chanel Illuminating Powder

Chanel's limited edition Poudre Signee De Chanel – Illuminating powder is one of the pretties released with the brand's Printemps Precieux 2013 Collection. It's described as a soft pink highlighting powder that's supposed to capture and reflect light with a delicate luminosity.

Chanel Poudre Signée de Chanel Illuminating Powder

Quite a few of the items from the spring collection caught my eye, but the illuminating powder is without a doubt, the product I was lusting after the most, thanks to the beautifully and intricately embossed surface.


The powder is packaged in the same square compact as the brand's Joues Contraste blushes, but is slightly larger and contains double the amount of product (8g). The compact also comes with a velvet pouch/sleeve with a flap and compartment/second pouch that holds the included paddle sponge applicator. I generally don't use the applicators that are included with products, but I have to say, the sponge does actually apply product nicely. I do still prefer to use a brush, though, as I find it creates more of a subtle finish – the sponge applicator tends to pack more product on. 

The velvet pouch & included sponge applicator

Chanel Poudre Signée de Chanel Illuminating Powder

Chanel describe the powder as soft pink highlighter, but I'd say it's more of a golden champagne shade with tiny, delicate shimmers, which leave skin with a beautiful, subtle gleam. It definitely creates more of a delicate, golden, glowy finish as opposed to a shimmery, frosty one. The powder itself is incredibly soft and finely milled. 

Chanel Poudre Signée de Chanel Illuminating Powder

The close up photo below show's the powder swatched and blended out on my NC15ish arm. The photograph was taken outside in full sun, in more natural lighting, the delicate shimmer is much less apparent.

Chanel Poudre Signée de Chanel Illuminating Powder swatched & blended

I don't have many highlighters in my collection, but I thought I'd do a little comparison to the one's I do have, Dior's Copper and Rose Diamond Shimmer Powders, and NARS Copacabana Multiple and Albatross highlighting powder. All are swatched fairly heavily in the photo below and the photo was taken in full sun.

Dior Copper & Rose Diamond, NARS Copacabana, Chanel Illuminating Powder & NARS Albatross

Dior's Amber Diamond is more of a golden bronze shade in comparison, and Rose Diamond more pink. Both of these shades work better as highlighting, subtle blush shades on my NC15ish skin tone, actually. The closest colour wise are NARS Copacabana and Albatross. Copacabana is more beige and has a more frosty finish, though, and Albatross is more of a yellowy golden highlighter with a more shimmery finish. I personally find the Chanel to be the most natural looking out of the closest colour matches, and nicest texture wise, too. Albatross feels quite powdery and chalky in comparison. 


Overall, Chanel's Illuminating powder is a beautiful highlighter. The detailed embossing is a real thing of beauty and the delicate, subtle glow the powder creates on skin is lovely. Out of the highlighters I own, Chanel's is definitely the most natural looking, as the shimmer is so finely milled. It manages to add a pretty and delicate glow without emphasizing pores and it really does apply beautifully. If you're on the hunt for a highlighting powder, which creates a natural, believable glow, I think Chanel's Illuminating powder is definitely worth checking out. 

Available from Boots (£46.00)

4 comments:

  1. The pattern is so beautiful! This colour of this highlighter is different, it's almost dusty-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty! I think that might be because it's swatched fairly heavily in the picture. It's not at all dusty looking on the face - it blends beautifully and leaves an amazingly pretty, subtle glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, so beautiful and exquisite. I don't know how you're going to use it and leave the design intact. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd find it hard, Liz, but I dove straight in ha. The design really is beautiful, though!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...