Saturday 26 January 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-lasting Eye Shadow: Delicate Hummingbird


After reading countless positive reviews and drooling over swatches of the beautiful shades available for months and months, I finally made my first Rouge Bunny Rouge purchase a few months ago. There are so many pretty things available from the brand that I had trouble deciding on what to try first, after much deliberation though, I decided upon one of the brand’s Long Lasting Eye Shadows, Delicate Hummingbird. 

Here’s what Rouge Bunny Rouge say about their long-lasting shadows: 

Discover a new powder eye shadow with an astonishing lightweight, creamy touch and unprecedented adherence. This formula creates pure dynamic iridescence while it maintains second skin effect. It has extended 8-hour wear that will stay perfect and look freshly applied all day. Orange-derived Flavonoid improves blood microcirculation, enhances luminosity and serves as free radicals scavenger. 


Delicate Hummingbird is described as a Cool, dusky sugar-frosted plum, iridescent with pink shimmer. I’d say the description is pretty much spot on! Delicate Hummingbird is a beautiful, iridescent purply, plummy taupe with delicate pink and blue shimmer. 

Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-lasting Eye Shadow: Delicate Hummingbird

Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird

I’d heard good things about the brand’s shadows, and I have to say, I completely agree with the positive reviews. The powder is incredibly finely milled, has a buttery smooth/creamy texture and applies and blends perfectly. Delicate Hummingbird is pigmented and the plummy taupe shade has the most beautiful sheen, which gives an almost foiled appearance once it’s been applied. I find the long-lasting claim to be true, too. Even without primer, the shade holds up brilliantly on my oily lids, and I’ve had no issues at all with creasing. 

Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird Applied

Above, applied with a little bit of MAC's Satin Taupe in the outer V, and below swatched on my NC15/20ish arm. The photo on the left was taken outside in natural light, and the picture on the right was taken inside with flash.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicate Hummingbird. Left: Outside, Natural Light & Right: Indoors (with flash).

Delicate Hummingbird is a beautiful colour and the silky smooth, long-lasting formula is excellent. The only reason I waited so long before trying the brand is because I literally couldn’t decide what to try first. After trying the brand’s shadows, I will definitely be giving some of the other pretty goodies on offer a go. In fact, I think my next Rouge Bunny Rouge purchased might just be Eclipse Eagle, the richer, darker sister of Delicate Hummingbird. 

Available from Zuneta (£20.50)

7 comments:

  1. I love these sorts of shades, am keeping my eye on Eclipse Eagle too. DH is my eye of the day today:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meeta, Eclipse Eagle does look like a pretty shade! And I can imagine DH looks lovely on your skin tone.

      Delete
  2. I first saw this on Visionary Beauty's blog and I love it even more each time I see it. I've never tried a RBR shadow before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it swatched quite a lot on different blogs last year too and like you, fell in love with it. It is a beautiful colour and the texture's amazing!

      Delete
  3. This is such a gorgeous shade that is perfect for both day and night time looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pretty shade, Pammy and it does work pretty well for both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty shade! Delicate Hummingbird is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...